The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental
commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. It seeks to prevent
and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
- The Center emphasizes action and measurable results. Based on careful
research and analysis, it is prepared to take timely action on important and
- The Center seeks to break new ground and not duplicate the effective efforts of
- The Center addresses difficult problems in difficult situations and recognizes the
possibility of failure as an acceptable risk.
- The Center is nonpartisan, actively seeks complementary partnerships and
works collaboratively with other organizations from the highest levels of
government to local communities.
- The Center believes that people can improve their own lives when provided with
the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
Hours of Operation:Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Us:The Carter Center
453 Freedom Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30307
Phone: (404) 420-5100 or